Welcome to National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
The National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) recognizes excellence in Career & Technical Education. Student candidates must meet national and local membership standards and should be persons who have demonstrated scholastic achievement, skill development, leadership, honesty, responsibility, and good character.
Mission & Vision
To honor student achievement and leadership, promote educational excellence, award scholarships, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
To be the international leader in providing recognition for excellence in career and technical education.
NTHS is committed to:
- Providing the highest quality recognition for outstanding students in career and technical education,
- Supplying excellent services to our diverse and multi-cultural membership and member schools,
- Providing scholarship opportunities for its members,
- Creating new and emerging relationships between the educational community and business and industry,
- Being a flexible organization on the leading edge of technology and constantly responding to change,
- Maintaining financial responsibility to meet our increasing needs,
- Sustaining growth, innovation and continuous improvement based upon ongoing evaluation.
Minimum criteria for GCHS Membership:
- Membership limited to juniors and seniors
- 3.0 or above overall GPA
- Member of a Career and Technical Student Organization (FFA, HOSA, FCCLA, DECA)
- All A’s and B’s in career/technical/agriculture courses attempted while in high school. (Possible waiver for one course that is less than a B)
Member standards of conduct:
- Maintain the highest standard of personal and professional conduct at all times.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of my education and employment.
- Refuse to engage in or condone activities for personal gain at the expense of my fellow students, my school or my employer.
- Support the intents and purposes of the NTHS while working to achieve the objectives and goals of the society; and
- Uphold my obligations as a citizen of my community and my country
Benefits to student members:
- The NTHS certificate, pin, membership card, window decal, white tassel and diploma seal
- The Artisan, the society’s professional journal
- Letters of recommendation for college, employment and scholarships
- NTHS honor cords to wear at graduation
- Eligibility to compete for NTHS scholarships